This dessert might be one of the healthiest and tastiest desserts you can choose. Kiwi contains fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins C & E, potassium and many other minerals including potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper. The dark chocolate (preferably 85% or above) on the other hand, is quite low in sugar and high in antioxidants as well as the healthy saturated fat from cocoa butter.
These mini-popsicles aren’t just a creative treat; they’re even pretty good for you
- 6 large kiwis, peeled;
- 1 cup dark chocolate (about 200 g);
- Popsicle sticks;
- Optional toppings: coconut flakes, walnuts, sprinkles, etc.
- Slice the kiwis into thick slices.
- Line a roasting tray with parchment paper. Insert a Popsicle stick in each slice or kiwi and place on the tray.
- Freeze the slices for at least 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler over a medium heat.
- Dip each frozen kiwi into the chocolate. Add desired toppings. Place back in freezer for couple of more hours;
- After chocolate has hardened, eat and enjoy,