If you want a dazzling white smile, you don’t necessarily need to use products full of dangerous chemicals and unknown ingredients or pay a small fortune to the dentist. There are lots of effective, safe ways to naturally whiten teeth at home.
Plaque is the sticky film on your teeth, and it causes serious health problems. Plaque buildups turn into tartar, and you end up dealing with gingivitis or gum inflammation. Fortunately, there are several natural remedies which will prevent these issues in a completely safe and effective way.
The following natural paste recipe will prevent plaque formation:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin (unrefined) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- (for example, peppermint oil) *optional
In a bowl, mix the ingredients until you get a homogeneous paste. If you like, you can add a few drops of some essential oil.
Dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush the teeth twice daily, in the usual manner.
The following natural recipes are also highly effective in removing plaque if used once or twice a week:
- Mix a teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and gently brush the teeth with the paste.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with some hydrogen peroxide to make a paste, and brush the teeth and gums. Then, spit it out and rinse the mouth well.
- You can simply put a bit of baking soda on the wet toothbrush, and brush the teeth. Then, rinse the mouth with lukewarm water.
When it comes to teeth whitening, experience has shown that coconut oil is the most potent natural ingredient for the cause. Simply, swish a teaspoon of coconut oil in the mouth for 15-20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water, and brush the teeth. Repeat this on a daily basis and never stop smiling!